Nadal Dares ITF to Publish His Drug Test Results

first_imgWorld number five Rafael Nadal has invited the International Tennis Federation (ITF) to publish the results of all of his drugs tests.The Spaniard is suing former French government Minister, Roselyne Bachelot, who accused him of doping.In a letter to the ITF, he said people should not “speak without evidence”.The 29-year-old added: “Please make all my information public, my biological passport and my complete history of anti-doping tests.” On receipt of the letter, the ITF said the 14-time Grand Slam champion has never failed a drugs test and is free to make public his anti-doping records, to which he has full access.Nadal also asked the ITF to communicate all future occasions on which he is tested and the results, as soon as they are ready.Earlier this year, women’s world number nine Maria Sharapova admitted to testing positive for meldonium at this year’s Australian Open. The Russian is serving a provisional suspension and faces a lengthy ban.British number one Andy Murray told the Mail on Sunday earlier this month he had been suspicious of some opponents who “don’t seem to be getting tired”.The issue of full disclosure of athletes’ anti-doping results has proved controversial in other sports.British Athletics warned past and present athletes against allowing their blood data to be revealed, warning results could be “misinterpreted”.However, several athletes – including distance runners Mo Farah and Jo Pavey – have said results should be made public.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Read More →

BC Hydro formally apologizes to members of Treaty 8

first_imgBC Hydro has apologized for drilling in an important Treaty 8 Tribal Association archaeological site.Last July, members from the Site-C team were conducting geotechnical investigation work in the area.Spokesperson David Conway says the team changed locations at last minute, in an effort to reduce environmental impact. Conway says the team did not check the mapping correctly, and accidently drilled in the archaeological zone.- Advertisement -[asset|aid=1585|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=82e35a3d2e3399abc4b6c0c387f81623-Conway 1_1_Pub.mp3]He says the team immediately stopped working as soon as they realized they were drilling in a culturally sensitive area. They also notified members from Treaty 8 and the archaeological branch in Victoria.Then,  BC Hydro hired an archaeological firm to conduct a study on the extent of damage. Conway says the study concluded that no scientifically important archaeological artifacts were found at the site.Advertisement Now, BC Hydro recently met with members from Treaty 8 to issue a formal apology.[asset|aid=1586|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=82e35a3d2e3399abc4b6c0c387f81623-Conway 2_1_Pub.mp3]He says it was also an opportunity for the Site-C team to hear directly from Treaty 8, in regards to the importance of the archaeological sites to First Nations.In a Treaty Eight Tribal Association news release, Chief Liz Logan calls the apology “An important first step, to acknowledge our Treaty Rights in the area.”Advertisement She also says Hydro outlined steps taken to prevent similar incidents in the future.They include the appointment of on-site external environmental managers and archaeologists, who have authority to stop any Hyrdo work, in the area.last_img read more

Read More →