Chinese donate computer equipment to parliament

first_img 29 Views   no discussions LocalNews Chinese donate computer equipment to parliament by: – July 6, 2012 Share Share Tweetcenter_img Sharing is caring! Speaker of the House of Assembly Alix Boyd Knights receiving the symbolic donation from Vice Chairman of the Standing Committee of China’s National people Congress His Excellency Chen Changzhi.A gift of computer equipment and stationery items to the Dominica Parliament by a visiting Chinese Delegation this week is said to improve communication between both parliaments.Vice Chairman of the Standing Committee of China’s National People Congress His Excellency Chen Changzhi made a symbolic presentation of a laptop computer to Speaker of the House of Assembly Hon. Alix Boyd Knights during an official visit to the Parliament on Tuesday July 03rd 2012.The top Chinese official in making the presentation said that the purpose of his delegation’s visit to Dominica was to further promote exchanges, cooperation and friendship among the two countries.H.E Changzhi said Parliament to Parliament exchange is an important part of the overall relations between Dominica and China.“The National People’s Congress of China values its relationship with the House of Assembly of Dominica and we stand ready to work with Dominica to strengthen the links and communication between us”.He said such exchanges can promote the understanding of the both peoples and the growth of friendly relations. He is hopeful that the computer equipment will serve to further strengthen communication links between both countries.“As a token of friendship of the National People’s Congress towards the House of Assembly in Dominica I will help you with a supply of office stationery to improve the working conditions of your house of assembly”.His Excellency Chen said since the establishment of diplomatic ties eight years ago, bilateral relations have withstood the test of the changing international situation and maintained steady and healthy development.Dominica’s speaker of the House of Assembly accepted the gift and promised to put it to good use.Government Information Service Sharelast_img read more

Read More →

USC ready to kick off MPSF tournament

first_imgFollowing an impressive regular season capped by wins in 15 of its last 16 games, the No. 1 USC men’s volleyball team is poised to make a run in this weekend’s Mountain Pacific Sports Federation tournament.King of Troy · Senior opposite Murphy Troy, who was named MPSF Player of the Year on Thursday, has played a significant role in USC’s 21-win regular season. The Trojans begin postseason play Saturday against crosstown rival UCLA at Galen Center. – Tim Tran | Daily Trojan First in line for the Trojans (21-2, 20-2) is No. 8 UCLA, which USC easily disposed of in straight sets during last week’s MPSF regular season match.“We’re peaking at the right time,” said USC coach Bill Ferguson. “The guys playing as well as they did last week with nothing on the line shows that we’re in a good place.”During the regular season, USC won 13 of its 23 matches in straight sets. It has faced — and conquered — a full battery of tests — dropping large leads, making large comebacks and steadily dominating en route to victory. USC’s only losses came in two five-set thrillers.The Trojans have also been statistically dominant, leading the league in hitting percentage (.355), opponent’s hitting percentage (.249), kills (14.06 per game), assists (13.18 per game) and digs (9.93 per game).USC won its first MPSF regular season title in 2000. The Trojans have also won their last four matches against UCLA and seven of the last eight.Senior opposite Murphy Troy has been named MPSF player of the week three times, and junior outside hitter Tony Ciarelli earned the honor twice, as well.On the other hand, UCLA (16-14, 9-13) has been inconsistent thus far. Although it has beaten the likes of No. 3 UC Irvine, it has also dropped matches to the likes of unranked UC San Diego.During the last USC-UCLA meeting, Bruins coach Al Scates pulled starting middle blocker Weston Dunlap and starting opposite Kyle Caldwell after an inconsistent match from the two.“Al’s trying to find a lineup that’ll work,” Ferguson said. “I anticipate that he’ll have a set lineup and give the guys a longer leash.”Last year, the Trojans dropped the first round match of the MPSF tournament to Cal State Northridge. The Trojans’ experience, skill and all-around cohesion has them primed to avoid a repeat upset this time, however.“The guys have really bought into the ‘one day, one practice a time’ type of work ethic,” Ferguson said. “There’s no anxiety now. It’s all about us. If we give a good effort and play our game, we’ll be fine.”First serve is at 7 p.m. at Galen Center on Saturday.last_img read more

Read More →

Chelsea Targets Antonio as Hector Interest Cools

first_imgChelsea are interested in signing Michail Antonio as they look to strengthen their options in the wing-back position but, despite reports, are not interested in Koln’s Jonas Hector, Goal understands.Blues boss Antonio Conte is keen to reinforce his defence in January and has already recalled Nathan Ake from Bournemouth as he struggles to zero in on key targets, with a game against title holders Leicester City beckoning on Saturday.His hopes of signing Antonio could be dashed early, however, as the Hammers have no interest of selling the 26-year-old in January.The Blues are continuing to monitor other options, having also looked at Napoli’s Faouzi Ghoulam. Ghoulam has snubbed a new contract at the Serie A club but it is understood that he will not be available to move in January. Conte is still assessing Kenedy and is open to both keeping him or loaning him out. The Brazilian is not yet registered to play because, if he makes an appearance for Chelsea, he would be unable to move on loan.This is due to FIFA rules not allowing players to appear for more than two clubs, with Kenedy having been used by Watford in a single appearance before returning to west London.Hector, though, has not been one to catch Chelsea’s interest despite rumours linking the Londoners to the Germany international.Conte has outlined Swansea City’s Fernando Llorente as a January target up front, meanwhile, though Michy Batshuayi’s status in the squad is complicating matters. Batshuayi has several clubs in England and Italy watching his situation, while Marseille would also be prepared to take him on loan.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Read More →