Renewable Energy Investment Grew by 5% in 2015, to $286 Billion

first_imgRenewable Energy Investment Grew by 5% in 2015, to $286 Billion FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Bobby Magill for Climate Central:Renewable energy investments, excluding large hydroelectric projects, jumped 5 percent last year, leaping over the previous investment record of $278.5 billion set in 2011. The findings were published in an annual report published on Thursday by the UN Environment Programme, the Frankfurt School and Bloomberg New Energy Finance.The world collectively spent nearly $286 billion on renewable energy development in 2015. The investment comes following an unprecedented worldwide boom in renewables in 2014 that suggested some countries are shifting dramatically toward low-carbon energy. Rising investments are in part being driven by the falling cost of solar and wind farm construction.  The money put into renewables was  more than double the $130 billion that spent on fossil fuel power plants. Developing countries led the renewable charge. China, India, Brazil and other developing countries put $156 billion into renewables last year, a 19 percent increase over 2014.The renewables investment record also shows that the transition toward the goal of reducing global reliance on coal and other fossil fuels is well underway mainly because investments in wind, solar and other renewables are now more than double investments in power plants running on fossil fuels, the report says.Renewable Energy Investments Set a Record in 2015last_img read more

Read More →

​Newcastle Supporters Trust want answers for failed takeover

first_img “It’s obviously very disappointing. We were very lucky for Amanda Staveley to reach out to our chair, Alex Hurst, where Amanda expressed her disappointment that we find ourselves in this current situation with regard to the takeover – and we want answers. “We want to know why the Premier League have taken the steps they have taken and what steps they have taken. read also:End of discussion as Newcastle United takeover talks crashes “The Premier League hold an incredible amount of power as to the future of our football club and who owns it so it’s only right that they tell the fans why it’s in the situation that it’s in. “When we return to games at St James’ Park – we also travel the land to follow our club in the Premier League – we deserve to know why the Premier League have taken the steps they have taken and what they have done to protect Newcastle United in this whole process.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Newcastle United fans are demanding answers regarding the club’s failed takeover bid. Many had expected the Magpies to be taken over by a Saudi-backed consortium this summer. But the deal did not go through, as the consortium pulled out over concerns at not being approved by the Premier League. Now Newcastle United Supporters’ Trust want answers. NUST board member Thomas Concannon posted a video message on Twitter. He said: “The fact we keep building that membership is fantastic; the more members we have, the more powerful a voice we have in situations like this. “Naturally, it’s been quite a disappointing week, if not months, for Newcastle fans to sit through this takeover ordeal and for it to reach the conclusion it has with very little information made available to us.Advertisementlast_img read more

Read More →