Register to Vote Online. Everybody’s Doing It. By: J.J. Abbott, Deputy Press Secretary SHARE Email Facebook Twitter SHARE TWEET Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf September 21, 2016 The Blog, Voting & Elections A half-million people rarely would agree on anything. But that’s the number of people who’ve used Pennsylvania’s online voter registration (OVR) application since it launched last August.That’s more than the populations of Allentown, Erie, Reading, Scranton, Lancaster and Harrisburg combined.The OVR application site at register.votesPA.com registered its 500,000th user on Saturday, September 17 at 4:05pm. The 500,000th applicant was a resident of Lancaster County.To date, approximately 58 percent of users have been eligible citizens registering for the first time, while the remaining 42 percent were voters making updates to their existing voter registration, such as a change of name, address or party affiliation.Governor Wolf has made it a priority to make it easier for Pennsylvanians to participate in the electoral process.In addition to OVR, Pennsylvania recently launched 2Vote, a voter registration text messaging service. Simply text “PA” to “2Vote” (28683) on a smartphone and you’ll get the tools you need to register, locate your polling place, contact election officials and more – delivered right to your smartphone.To learn more about online voter registration, check the frequently asked questions at votesPA.com.To register to vote like hundreds of thousands of your fellow Pennsylvanians, go to register.votespa.com and fill out the application before the deadline on October 11.